Experienced Hire Controller
As a growing and ambitious company, we have identified the need for an Experienced Hire Controller to add to the team at our Ballinderry office.
As a customer facing position our Hire Controllers are key to ensuring the continuing growth of our company and act as an ambassador for our brand. As a Hire Controller your ability to form solid and long lasting relationships with our clients will be key along with the aptitude to effectively communicate, influence and interact with all types of customers and colleagues. You will be expected to bring effective sales and problem solving strategies to the business along with an ability to manage potential disputes.
This role is at the front line of hire and sales to our customers. Primarily, the Hire Controller will be responsible for all types of hire (e.g., weekly hire & event hire) from quoting, to booking to implementing. Relationship Building is key to being successful in this role and the successful candidate will require a high level of Customer Service as they will be expected to deal with and answer any customer queries relating to hire.
Working closely with our logistics personnel you will be responsible for coordinating the hire process of our product portfolio to ensure that the needs of the customer are planned for, and ultimately met. You will work closely with the wider team to ensure availability of personnel, equipment and transport to ensure that the customers needs are not only met but where possible, exceeded.
- Interface with our customers and processing of all appropriate documentation.
- Business development through the pursuance of new leads and customers and in turn maximisation of return on hire sales revenue.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues to ensure timely delivery/collection of hire equipment.
- Answer customer queries and resolve any hire issues that may arise during the hire period.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the company’s hire equipment including basic knowledge of complementary products.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the company’s safety and quality standards and transport processes.
- Follow all company procedures and policies in the company handbook.
- Complete any additional ad hoc duties as they may be required.
This job posting is for a vacancy in our Ballinderry office. Core hours will be 08.00 – 17.00 but due to the nature of our business you may also be expected to work outside of these hours.
Holidays 28 days per annum inclusive of set bank holidays
Good working conditions
- Minimum of 2 years experience is a similar role
- GCSE English & Maths at grade C or higher
- IT literate with experience of logistics management software
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We reserve the right to change the criteria for shortlisting purposes.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com